Asked by Derrell
Answered by Dave Bradley
Investment Manager (Financial Advisor) in North Charleston, SC
Hi Derrell IRS rules prohibit putting your RMD into another tax-advantaged retirement account. Have you considered converting the remaining portion of your traditiona...
Asked by an anonymous user
Answered by Christopher Nesbitt
Insurance Agent in San Clemente, CA
Yes, I highly recommend you "take the money and run". And yes, you can put it in an IRA. But note that an IRA is just a framework for investments, not a description f...


Asked by Cortland
Answered by Kim Miller PRO+
CFP® in Redmond, WA
It may be more helpful for you to think of it as cash flow: "Every month Uncle Sam makes a pension deposit and a Social Security deposit in my bank account of $XX and...
Asked by CJ
Answered by Carmen P. Calaway
Financial Adviser in Tustin, CA
Dear CJ, first of all the reason I may answer your question(s) because I am also lic and reg. in FL. For me to be able to answer your question, I need additional infor...
Asked by Michael
Answered by Linda A. Stortz
CPA, EA in Largo, FL
You must be asking if you can "make" an IRA contribution, rather than "take" an IRA contribution. No, either one of you must have earned compensation from wages, salar...
Asked by an anonymous user
Answered by Pamela J. Horack, PRO+
CFP® in Lake Wylie, SC
You have posed an interesting question. There are multiple ways of calculating pension benefits depending on the structure of the actual plan. It sounds like there are...
Ask a pro a question
Have your question answered by a professional
Characters remaining: 140
Asking as: $ss.eas.userParams.displayName
Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service
Free MoneyTips Membership!

Get FREE, full access to