Asked by trish
Answered by Michael Zaino
President & CEO, TZG Financial in Charlotte, NC
Congratulations on making that decision! Too many people just blow their refunds. I would say the first step is to speak with a qualified Advisor who will educate you ...
Asked by Birdyt052
Answered by Paul Carson
Loan Officer in Conshohocken, PA
Asked by vickicastro75
Answered by David Meyers
Financial Adviser in Palo Alto, CA
The IRS will not directly take your state refund - your state won't send the money to the IRS. The state will send you a check (or make a direct deposit). The IRS wi...
Asked by j819Martinez
Answered by Sonia Renea
Financial Adviser in Fort Worth, TX
Are you a 1099 employee or W2?
Asked by niklecce123
Answered by Katrina Lessard
Financial Adviser in Scottsdale, AZ
Special rules commonly referred to as the "kiddie tax" rules apply when a child has unearned income (for example, investment income). Children subject to the kiddie ta...
Asked by j.sams76
Answered by Cynthia Williamson
CPA in Overland Park, KS
This is probably not what you want to hear, but the answer is no. You should, however, hold onto those receipts as it appears to be a major expenditure – although you...
Asked by patriciapotpie
Answered by Steffanie Staples
Insurance Agent in South Jordan, UT
Expense amounts greater than 7.5% of AGI
Asked by Yuli
Answered by Cynthia Williamson
CPA in Overland Park, KS
Hi Yuli. As a student you are probably used to taking tests. In this particular situation, there are some tests (detailed later) that, should you pass, could qualify ...
Asked by an anonymous user
Answered by Darius Slade
Health Services & Management in Richland, WA
Hi Anonymous, Good question, and it suggests that your being on SSD has an impact on your husband's decision to claim you as a dependent. This is less a social securi...
Asked by bonnie.myers
Answered by Dave Bradley
Investment Manager (Financial Advisor) in North Charleston, SC
Hi Bonnie, Restrictions apply. So check with your tax advisor and be sure you have the written certification from the manufacturer that their product qualifies for...
Ask a pro a question
Have your question answered by a professional
Characters remaining: 140
Asking as: $ss.eas.userParams.displayName
Sign in to MoneyTips
By submitting you agree to our Terms of Service

Tax Returns

Tax Returns
Free MoneyTips Membership!

Get FREE, full access to MoneyTips.com